Estimation of the coefficients of a linear regression in the presence of spatial autocorrelation. An application to a Belgian labour-demand function
AbstractRegression analyses of a spatially distributed variable is a common technique in urban and regional planning. Frequently, however, the disturbance terms are not completely independent but exhibit spatial autocorrelation. A method is proposed for taking account of this spatial autocorrelation and is illustrated by means of an application to a Belgian labour-demand function.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning A.
Volume (Year): 7 (1975)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandberg, Krister, 2002. "On Space-Time Changes of Hedonic Prices for Single Family Houses," ERSA conference papers ersa02p196, European Regional Science Association.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Eveline Van Leeuwen, 2006. "Does Agricultural Employment Benefit From Eu Support?," ERSA conference papers ersa06p96, European Regional Science Association.
- Sarker, M. Mizanur Rahman, 2012. "Spatial modeling of households’ knowledge about arsenic pollution in Bangladesh," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 74(8), pages 1232-1239.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner & David C. Wheelock, 2005.
"A spatial analysis of state banking regulation,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(4), pages 575-595, November.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burridge, Peter, 2011. "A research agenda on general-to-specific spatial model search," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 21, pages 71-90.
- Jesus Mur & Antonio Paez, 2011. "Local weighting or the necessity of flexibility," ERSA conference papers ersa11p942, European Regional Science Association.
- Jörgen Johansson & Krister Sandberg, 2001. "Hedonic Prices for Co-operative Flats in the City of Umeå estimated with Spatial Autoregressive GMM," ERSA conference papers ersa01p111, European Regional Science Association.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall’erba, 2005.
"Spatial And Sectoral Productivity Convergence Between European Regions, 1975-2000,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p191, European Regional Science Association.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'erba, 2008. "Spatial and sectoral productivity convergence between European regions, 1975-2000," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 505-525, November.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'erba, 2005. "Spatial And Sectoral Productivity Convergence Between European Regions, 1975-2000," Urban/Regional, EconWPA 0503004, EconWPA.
- Herrera Gómez, Marcos & Mur Lacambra, Jesús & Ruiz Marín, Manuel, 2011.
"¿Cuál matriz de pesos espaciales?. Un enfoque sobre selección de modelos
[Which spatial weighting matrix? An approach for model selection]," MPRA Paper 37585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krister Sandberg, 2003. "On Space-Time Changes of Hedonic Prices for Single Family Homes," ERSA conference papers ersa03p275, European Regional Science Association.
- Gema Fernández-Avilés Calderón, 2009. "Spatial Regression Analysis vs. Kriging Methods for Spatial Estimation," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 44-58, February.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas A. Garrett & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2004. "Spatial probit and the geographic patterns of state lotteries," Working Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis 2003-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Herrera Gómez, Marcos & Cid, Juan Carlos & Paz, Jorge Augusto, 2012.
"Introducción a la econometría espacial: Una aplicación al estudio de la fecundidad en la Argentina usando R
[Introduction to Spatial Econometrics: An application to the study of fertility in Arg," MPRA Paper 41138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jesus Mur & Marcos Herrera & Manuel Ruiz, 2011. "Selecting the W Matrix. Parametric vs Nonparametric Approaches," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1055, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.