Dynamic location - allocation systems: some basic planning strategies
AbstractThe general location - allocation problem is defined. Then various generalizations of the problem are indicated. The dynamic extension of the location-allocation problem is shown to be of especial interest and significance. Two major approaches to the formulation and analysis of this dynamic problem are discussed. The first approach makes no attempt to anticipate future events and thus leads over the long-run to sub-optimal solutions. The second approach attempts fully to anticipate the future, and is formalized as a dynamic program. This second approach guarantees full optimality over the range of definition of the problem. Some numerical examples are presented.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning.
Volume (Year): 3 (1971)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melachrinoudis, Emanuel & Min, Hokey, 2000. "The dynamic relocation and phase-out of a hybrid, two-echelon plant/warehousing facility: A multiple objective approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 1-15, May.
- Xueping Li & Zhaoxia Zhao & Xiaoyan Zhu & Tami Wyatt, 2011. "Covering models and optimization techniques for emergency response facility location and planning: a review," Computational Statistics, Springer, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 281-310, December.
- Thanh, Phuong Nga & Bostel, Nathalie & Péton, Olivier, 2008. "A dynamic model for facility location in the design of complex supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 678-693, June.
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Geroliminis, Nikolas & Karlaftis, Matthew G. & Skabardonis, Alexander, 2009. "A spatial queuing model for the emergency vehicle districting and location problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 798-811, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.