Assessing the role of the arts and cultural industries in a local economy
AbstractThe authors examine the economic impacts of the arts and cultural industries on the Welsh economy. The impact of defined sectors were assessed within an input - output modelling framework. By using this methodology they seek to estimate the sectoral impacts on employment, output, and incomes in Wales and also to assess the significance of sectoral interdependencies. A number of policy implications are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning A.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Bell & Mark Jayne, 2003. "'Design-led' Urban Regeneration: a Critical Perspective," Local Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 121-134, May.
- Julia Hiscock & David E. Hojman, 2004. "Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Coase Theorem Failures in English Summer Cultural Events: The Case of Sidmouth International Festival," Research Papers 200406, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Allen J Scott, 2005. "Cultural-Products Industries And Urban Economic Development: Prospects For Growth And Market Contestation In Global Context," Urban/Regional 0511005, EconWPA.
- Calvin Jones & Max Munday, 2004. "Evaluating the Economic Benefits from Tourism Spending through Input-Output Frameworks: Issues and Cases," Local Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 117-133, May.
- Nancy Ettlinger, 2004. "Toward A Critical Theory Of Untidy Geographies: The Spatiality Of Emotions In Consumption And Production," Feminist Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 21-54.
- Brida, Juan Gabriel & Monterubbianesi, Pablo Daniel & Zapata Aguirre, Sandra, 2012.
"Análisis de los factores que afectan la repetición de la visita a una atracción cultural: una aplicación al museo de Antioquia
[Analysis of factors affecting repeat visit to a cultural attracti," MPRA Paper 37622, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.