The calibration of trip distribution models
AbstractIn this paper, model calibration is considered in terms of the evidence supplied by a survey to substantiate the distributional hypothesis implied by the model. By means of Bayes theorem, an evidence test is derived which is applicable to trip-distribution models. The test produces a set of constraint equations to determine optimal values for the model parameters. Section 6 determines the constraint equations necessary to calibrate some commonly used models and indicates how, for comparative purposes, they can be written in a standard format. The final section gives a possible method of computation applicable to the calibration of a variety of models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning.
Volume (Year): 1 (1969)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bigras, Yvon & Nguyen, Sang, 1987. "Un modèle des flux interrégionaux de marchandises au Canada," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 63(1), pages 26-42, mars.
- Gonçalves, Mirian Buss & de Cursi, José Eduardo Souza, 2001. "Parameter estimation in a trip distribution model by random perturbation of a descent method," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 137-161, February.
- Uwe Blien & Alexandros Tassinopoulos, 2001.
"Forecasting Regional Employment with the ENTROP Method,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 113-124.
- Blien, Uwe & Tassinopoulos, Alexandros, 1999. "Forecasting Regional Employment with the ENTROP Method," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa344, European Regional Science Association.
- Cho, Cheol-Joo, 1998. "An equity-efficiency trade-off model for the optimum location of medical care facilities," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 99-112, June.
- Nijkamp, P. & Reggiani, A., 1992. "Static and dynamic spatial interaction models : an integrating perspective," Serie Research Memoranda 0052, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Ian Gordon & Ian Molho, 1998. "A Multi-stream Analysis of the Changing Pattern of Interregional Migration in Great Britain, 1960-1991," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 309-323.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.