Simulating the structure of a regional economy
AbstractThis paper assesses the feasibility of constructing a regional input/output table where only national input/output tables and limited regional data exist. A number of alternative simulation models are developed and applied to the UK table to obtain estimated Scottish tables. These simulated tables are then compared with the actual Scottish table by a variety of methods. The results of the present study are compared with those of previous works in this field. Finally, the effects of introducing more survey-based information into the simulation methods are analysed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pion Ltd, London in its journal Environment and Planning A.
Volume (Year): 12 (1980)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.pion.co.uk
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali Jalili, 2000. "Evaluating Relative Performances of Four Non-Survey Techniques of Updating Input-Output Coefficients," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 221-237, October.
- Steven Brand & Stephen Hill & Max Munday, 2000. "Assessing the Impacts of Foreign Manufacturing on Regional Economies: The Cases of Wales, Scotland and the West Midlands," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 343-355.
- Ali Reza Jalili, 2000. "Comparison of Two Methods of Identifying Input-Output Coefficients for Exogenous Estimation," Economic Systems Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 113-129.
- Philip Mccann & John H. LL. Dewhurst, 1998.
"Regional Size, Industrial Location and Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 435-444.
- JH Ll DEWHURST, . "Regional Size, Industrial Location And Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 074, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- A. T. Flegg & C. D. Webber, 2000. "Regional Size, Regional Specialization and the FLQ Formula," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 563-569.
- Kowalewski, Julia, 2012. "Regionalization of national input-output tables: Empirical evidence on the use of the FLQ formula," HWWI Research Papers 126, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Wood, Richard & Lenzen, Manfred, 2006. "Zero-value problems of the logarithmic mean divisia index decomposition method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1326-1331, August.
- Ali Jalili, 2005. "Impacts of Aggregation on Relative Performances of Nonsurvey Updating Techniques And Intertemporal Stability of Input–Output Coefficients," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 147-165, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Neil Hammond).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.