Federal Government Budget Deficits and Interest Rates: An Empirical Analysis for the United States, 1955-1984
AbstractThis paper uses annual data to examine the impact of federal budget deficits in the United States upon interest rates. The model is framed in a loanable funds model. The model allows for international capital flows, inflationary expectations, and other factors. The finding is that federal budget deficits exercise a positive and significant impact upon a variety of interest rates.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by in its journal Public Finance = Finances publiques.
Volume (Year): 43 (1988)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cebula, Richard & Foley, Maggie, 2012. "Recent Evidence on the Impact of Federal Government Budget Deficits on the Nominal Long Term Mortgage Interest Rate in the U.S," MPRA Paper 53691, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard J Cebula, 2004.
"The Impact of the Federal Budget Deficit on the Nominal Interest Rate Yield on U.S. Treasury Notes, 1979-2001,"
The IUP Journal of Applied Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 7-18, March.
- Cebula, Richard, 2003. "The Impact of the Federal Budget Deficit on the Nominal Interest Rate Yield on US Treasury Notes, 1979-2001," MPRA Paper 49400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Cebula, 1997.
"The impact of net international capital inflows on nominal long-term interest rates in France,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(2), pages 179-190, June.
- Cebula, Richard, 1996. "The Impact of Net International Capital Inflows on Nominal Long-Term Interest Rates in France," MPRA Paper 49401, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Jun 1996.
- Cebula, Richard & McGrath, Richard, 2006. "Identifying Determinants of the Cost of Long Term Borrowing for U.S. Firms: Insights for Management," MPRA Paper 49647, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.