Vendor Managed Inventory and Relish of Both Partners
AbstractThe article deals with new approach of Vendor Management Inventory for better inventory management and flexible planning of production without difference to scope of business branch, than the companies use the traditional replenishment programs. Inventory management is important element of all business subjects and play very important role in the logistic supply chains. Approach Vendor Management Inventory is suitable tool to decrease administrative costs and improve the production process. The article deals with theme in application practice, which is based on the experiences of the companies that build up this approach and focused to implementation this system in Czech Republic. Further the article contains the design of new model Vendor Management Inventory in the form of Vendor Management Inventory – Outsourcing of support activities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Petrosani, Romania in its journal Annals of the University of Petrosani - Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.upet.ro/
vendor managed inventory; vendor; supplier; customers; costs; case studies; advantages; outsourcing; and model with support outsourcing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erenguc, S. Selcuk & Simpson, N. C. & Vakharia, Asoo J., 1999. "Integrated production/distribution planning in supply chains: An invited review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 219-236, June.
- Antony Svoronos & Paul Zipkin, 1991. "Evaluation of One-for-One Replenishment Policies for Multiechelon Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 68-83, January.
- Thomas, Douglas J. & Griffin, Paul M., 1996. "Coordinated supply chain management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 1-15, October.
- Darwish, M.A. & Odah, O.M., 2010. "Vendor managed inventory model for single-vendor multi-retailer supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 473-484, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.