Unemployment – The Unbalance Of The Labour Market In Jiu Valley
AbstractDuring several decades, Jiu Valley has represented one of the labour markets, which, like a sponge, absorbed labour force from all over the country. As the number of the population increased the number of the population working in the mine industry became the highest in the country. But everything came to a stop in the year 1997, year representing the great layoff in Jiu Valley. The paper will deal with the labour market and unemployment in this mono-industrial area, as a result of the decisions to reorganise the mining industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Petrosani, Romania in its journal Annals of the University of Petrosani - Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.upet.ro/
mining industry; labour market; employed population; active population; unemployment; unemployed population; layoff;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- L7 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J48 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Particular Labor Markets; Public Policy
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.