From the Editors: Common method variance in international business research
AbstractJIBS receives many manuscripts that report findings from analyzing survey data based on same-respondent replies. This can be problematic since same-respondent studies can suffer from common method variance (CMV). Currently, authors who submit manuscripts to JIBS that appear to suffer from CMV are asked to perform validity checks and resubmit their manuscripts. This letter from the Editors is designed to outline the current state of best practice for handling CMV in international business research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 41 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsui-Yii Shih & Rumintha Wickramasekera, 2011. "Export decisions within Taiwanese electrical and electronic SMEs: The role of management characteristics and attitudes," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 353-377, June.
- Gammelgaard, Jens & McDonald, Frank & Stephan, Andreas & Tüselmann, Heinz & Dörrenbächer, Christoph, 2012. "The impact of increases in subsidiary autonomy and network relationships on performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1158-1172.
- Ciabuschi, Francesco & Forsgren, Mats & Martín Martín, Oscar, 2012. "Headquarters involvement and efficiency of innovation development and transfer in multinationals: A matter of sheer ignorance?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 130-144.
- Gedajlovic, Eric & Cao, Qing & Zhang, Hongping, 2012. "Corporate shareholdings and organizational ambidexterity in high-tech SMEs: Evidence from a transitional economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 652-665.
- Nell, Phillip C. & Andersson, Ulf, 2012. "The complexity of the business network context and its effect on subsidiary relational (over-) embeddedness," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1087-1098.
- Robert Greenberg & Wei Li & Bernard Wong-On-Wing, 2012. "The effect of trust in system reliability on the intention to adopt online accounting systems," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 363-376.
- Julien Gooris & Carine Peeters, 2012. "Home-Host Country Distance and Governance Choices in Service Offshoring," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lopes, Miguel Vieira & Ross, R. Brent, 2013. "A Comparative Analysis of Strategic Planning Practices in Michigan Agribusiness Firms: 1992 vs. 2012," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 16(3).
- Rivera-Camino, Jaime, 2012. "Corporate environmental market responsiveness: A model of individual and organizational drivers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 402-411.
- Baum, Matthias & Kabst, Rüdiger, 2013. "How to attract applicants in the Atlantic versus the Asia-Pacific region? A cross-national analysis on China, India, Germany, and Hungary," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 175-185.
- Toh, Soo Min & Srinivas, Ekkirala S., 2012. "Perceptions of task cohesiveness and organizational support increase trust and information sharing between host country nationals and expatriate coworkers in Oman," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 696-705.
- Plambeck, Nils, 2012. "The development of new products: The role of firm context and managerial cognition," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 607-621.
- Dörrenbächer, Christoph & Gammelgaard, Jens & McDonald, Frank & Stephan, Andreas & Tüselmann, Heinz, 2013. "Staffing foreign subsidiaries with parent country nationals or host country nationals? Insights from European subsidiaries," Working Papers 74, Institute of Management Berlin (IMB), Berlin School of Economics and Law.
- Remhof, Stefan & Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlaegel, Christopher, 2013. "Working in the ‘global village’: The influence of cultural intelligence on the intention to work abroad," Zeitschrift fuer Personalforschung. German Journal of Research in Human Resource Management, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 27(3), pages 224-250.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.