Competitiveness in a globalised world: Michael Porter on the microeconomic foundations of the competitiveness of nations, regions, and firms
AbstractIn this paper, we provide the text of an interview with Professor Michael Porter discussing his research and ideas relating to the microeconomic foundations of global competitiveness. The discussion provides a microeconomic perspective on some of the key issues relating to recent research on competitiveness, productivity, clusters, US economic leadership, economic growth and development. Journal of International Business Studies (2006) 37, 163–175. doi:10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8400190
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 37 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Grajek, Michal, 2006.
"The Impact of ISO 9000 Diffusion on Trade and FDI: A New Institutional Analysis,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University
179, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Joseph A Clougherty & Michał Grajek, 2008. "The impact of ISO 9000 diffusion on trade and FDI: A new institutional analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(4), pages 613-633, June.
- Clougherty, Joseph A & Grajek, Michal, 2006. "The Impact of ISO 9000 Diffusion on Trade and FDI: A New Institutional Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 6026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Michal Grajek, 2006. "The Impact of ISO 9000 Diffusion on Trade and FDI: A New Institutional Analysis," CIG Working Papers, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG) SP II 2006-22, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Leitão, João, 2006. "Open Innovation Clusters: The Case of Cova da Beira Region (Portugal)," MPRA Paper 488, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio Campanini & Serena Costa & Paolo Rizzi, 2013. "The Machine Tool Industry in Italy: Industrial Innovations and Performances," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali, UniversitÃ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE) dises1391, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Chen, Yi-Min, 2010. "The continuing debate on firm performance: A multilevel approach to the IT sectors of Taiwan and South Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 471-478, May.
- Kedia, Ben L. & Mukherjee, Debmalya, 2009. "Understanding offshoring: A research framework based on disintegration, location and externalization advantages," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 250-261, July.
- Lévy, Brigitte, 2007. "The interface between globalization, trade and development: Theoretical issues for international business studies," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 594-612, October.
- Ngai-Ling Sum & Bob Jessop, 2013. "Competitiveness, the Knowledge-Based Economy and Higher Education," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 24-44, March.
- Stipe Lovreta & Siniša Milošević & Ljiljana Stanković, 2013. "Competition Policy And Optimal Retail Network Development In Transitional Economies," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 58(199), pages 57-84, October -.
- Puffer, Sheila M. & McCarthy, Daniel J., 2007. "Can Russia's state-managed, network capitalism be competitive?: Institutional pull versus institutional push," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Lee, Chaehwa & Wilhelm, Wilbert, 2010. "On integrating theories of international economics in the strategic planning of global supply chains and facility location," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 225-240, March.
- Ioanna Boulouta & Christos Pitelis, 2014. "Who Needs CSR? The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on National Competitiveness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 349-364, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.