Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe and the U.S.: Insights from Businesses' Self-presentations
AbstractThe paper compares the extent and content of businesses' communications about corporate social responsibility (CSR) in France, the Netherlands, the U.K., and the U.S. In particular, the study investigates the nature of CSR principles, processes, and stakeholder issues discussed in web pages. The results show that businesses in the four countries do not display the same eagerness to appear as socially responsible and employ diverse means to convey social responsibility images.© 2002 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2002) 33, 497–514
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Peter Verhoef & Josep A. Tribó, 2011.
"Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders,"
Business Economics Working Papers
id-11-02, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial "Carmen Vidal Ballester".
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Josep A. Tribó & Peter Verhoef, 2010. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Economics Working Papers 1209, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2011.
- Anna Torres & Tammo H. A. Bijmolt & Josep A. Tribó, 2010. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Business Economics Working Papers id-10-04, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial "Carmen Vidal Ballester".
- Torres, Anna & Bijmolt, Tammo H. A. & Tribó, Josep A. & Verhoef, Peter, 2012. "Generating global brand equity through corporate social responsibility to key stakeholders," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/14272, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & Atribo, Jo & Torres Lacomba, Anna, 2010. "Generating Global Brand Equity through Corporate Social Responsibility to Key Stakeholders," Research Report 10007, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Brammer, Stephen J. & Pavelin, Stephen & Porter, Lynda A., 2006. "Corporate social performance and geographical diversification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 1025-1034, September.
- Argandoña, Antonio & von Weltzien Hoivik, Heidi, 2009.
"Corporate social responsibility: One size does not fit all. Collecting evidence from Europe,"
IESE Research Papers
D/834, IESE Business School.
- Antonio Argandoña & Heidi Hoivik, 2009. "Corporate Social Responsibility: One Size Does Not Fit All. Collecting Evidence from Europe," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 221-234, November.
- Tang, Zhi & Tang, Jintong, 2012. "Stakeholder–firm power difference, stakeholders' CSR orientation, and SMEs' environmental performance in China," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 436-455.
- Marotta, Giuseppe & Nazzaro, Concetta, 2012. "Social Responsibility and Competitiveness Strategies of Agri-food Enterprises: A Theoretical and Methodological Approach," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144989, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Kourula, Arno, 2010. "Corporate engagement with non-governmental organizations in different institutional contexts--A case study of a forest products company," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 395-404, October.
- Basil, Debra & Runte, Mary & Basil, Michael & Usher, John, 2011. "Company support for employee volunteerism: Does size matter?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 61-66, January.
- Dominik van Aaken & Violetta Splitter & David Seidl, 2012. "Why Do Corporate Actors Engage in Pro-Social Behavior? A Bourdieusian Perspective on Corporate Social Responsibility," Working Papers 319, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Mikkilä, Mirja & Toppinen, Anne, 2008. "Corporate responsibility reporting by large pulp and paper companies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 500-506, October.
- Boeddeling, Jann, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Fundamentalstellung für Kapitalismus und Wirtschaftssoziologie," Discussion Papers 17/2011, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- Rieple, Alison & Singh, Rajbir, 2010. "A value chain analysis of the organic cotton industry: The case of UK retailers and Indian suppliers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2292-2302, September.
- Walker, Matthew & Parent, Milena M., 2010. "Toward an integrated framework of corporate social responsibility, responsiveness, and citizenship in sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 198-213, August.
- Marjo Siltaoja & Meri Vehkaperä, 2010. "Constructing Illegitimacy? Cartels and Cartel Agreements in Finnish Business Media from Critical Discursive Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(4), pages 493-511, April.
- Ron Bird & Francesco MomentÃ© & Francesco Reggiani, 2012. "The market acceptance of corporate social responsibility: a comparison across six countries/regions," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(2), pages 153-168, August.
- Brink, Douwe van den & Odekerken-Schroder, Gaby & Pauwels, Pieter, 2006. "The effect of strategic and tactical cause-related marketing on consumers' brand loyalty," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-16127, Maastricht University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/1143 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.