A Multilevel Approach to Trust in Joint Ventures
AbstractThis article examines issues of level in the study of joint venture trust. In particular, we explain how international joint venture (IJV) trust can be conceptualized and measured at the person, group, and firm levels. To do this, we (1) provide a definition of IJV trust applicable to persons, groups, and firms, (2) promote alignment of levels of theory and measurement through the use of a 3×3 approach to guide researchers in identifying the level at which they are theorizing and the proper level of measurement, and (3) propose operational measures of IJV trust across levels and dimensions in order to lay a solid foundation for theory testing.© 2002 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2002) 33, 479–495
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lui, Steven S. & Ngo, Hang-yue & Hon, Alice H.Y., 2006. "Coercive strategy in interfirm cooperation: Mediating roles of interpersonal and interorganizational trust," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 466-474, April.
- Diana Ingenhoff & Katharina Sommer, 2010. "Trust in Companies and in CEOs: A Comparative Study of the Main Influences," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(3), pages 339-355, September.
- Yannis A. HAJIDIMITRIOU & Nikolaos S. SKLAVOUNOS & Konstantinos P. ROTSIOS, 2012. "The Impact Of Trust On Knowledge Transfer In International Business Systems," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(2), pages 39-49.
- Michael Palanski & Surinder Kahai & Francis Yammarino, 2011. "Team Virtues and Performance: An Examination of Transparency, Behavioral Integrity, and Trust," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 201-216, March.
- Panayides, Photis M. & Venus Lun, Y.H., 2009. "The impact of trust on innovativeness and supply chain performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 35-46, November.
- Antonella Zucchella, 2007. "Nertwork Social Responsability," Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, University of Milano-Bicocca, issue 2 Ethics .
- Vélez, Maria L. & Sánchez, José M. & Álvarez-Dardet, Concha, 2008. "Management control systems as inter-organizational trust builders in evolving relationships: Evidence from a longitudinal case study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 968-994.
- Hsieh, Linda H.Y. & Rodrigues, Suzana B. & Child, John, 2010. "Risk perception and post-formation governance in international joint ventures in Taiwan: The perspective of the foreign partner," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 288-303, September.
- Liu, Chia-Ling (Eunice) & Ghauri, Pervez N. & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2010. "Understanding the impact of relational capital and organizational learning on alliance outcomes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 237-249, July.
- Ng, Paul Wai-Kit & Lau, Chung-Ming & Nyaw, Mee-Kau, 2007. "The effect of trust on international joint venture performance in China," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 430-448, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.