Export Intermediation: An Empirical Test of Peng and Ilinitch
AbstractThis paper provides empirical evidence from France on the role of export intermediary firms. Using data from 20,000 French firms, this paper tests two of the five transaction cost-based propositions on the role of export intermediaries by Peng and Ilinitch (1998). While the empirical evidence only partially supports their first proposition on distance and familiarity, their second proposition on product complexity is corroborated.© 2002 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2002) 33, 327–344
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weiner, Robert, 2006. "Do Crises Tear the Fabric of Oil Trade?," Discussion Papers dp-06-16, Resources For the Future.
- Virginie Baritaux & Magali Aubert & Etienne Montaigne & Hervé Remaud, 2005.
"Matchmakers in Wine Marketing Channels : The Case of French Wine Brokers,"
- Virginie Baritaux & Magali Aubert & Etienne Montaigne & Hervé Remaud, 2006. "Matchmakers in wine marketing channels: The case of French wine brokers," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 375-390.
- Perks, Keith J. & Hughes, Mathew, 2008. "Entrepreneurial decision-making in internationalization: Propositions from mid-size firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 310-330, June.
- Ho-Fuk Lau, 2008. "Export channel structure in a newly industrialized economy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 317-333, June.
- Peng, Mike W. & Zhou, Yuanyuan & York, Anne S., 2006. "Behind make or buy decisions in export strategy: A replication and extension of Trabold," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 289-300, September.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel J. & Jung, Benjamin, 2011.
"Trade intermediation and the organization of exporters,"
331, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Benjamin Jung, 2011. "Trade Intermediation and the Organization of Exporters," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 634-648, 09.
- Gabriel J Felbermayr & Benjamin Jung, 2009. "Trade Intermediation and the Organization of Exporters," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 309/2009, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Jolanda Hessels & Siri Terjesen, 2010. "Resource dependency and institutional theory perspectives on direct and indirect export choices," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 203-220, February.
- Magnusson, Peter & Baack, Daniel W. & Zdravkovic, Srdan & Staub, Karin M. & Amine, Lyn S., 2008. "Meta-analysis of cultural differences: Another slice at the apple," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 520-532, October.
- Singh, Deeksha A., 2009. "Export performance of emerging market firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 321-330, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.