The Effect of Human Resource Management Practices on MNC Subsidiary Performance in Russia
AbstractThis study investigates the relationship between human resource management (HRM) and the performance of 101 foreign-owned subsidiaries in Russia. The study's results provide support for the assertion that investments in HRM practices can substantially assist a firm in improving performance. Further, different HRM practices for managerial and non-managerial employees are found to be significantly related to firm performance. Only limited support, however, is obtained for the hypothesized relationship between efforts at aligning HRM practices with firm strategy and subsidiary performance.© 2001 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2001) 32, 59–75
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 32 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Froese, Fabian Jintae & Pak, Yong Suhk & Chong, Li Choy, 2008. "Managing the human side of cross-border acquisitions in South Korea," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 97-108, January.
- Koveshnikov, Alexei & Barner-Rasmussen, Wilhelm & Ehrnrooth, Mats & Mäkelä, Kristiina, 2012. "A framework of successful organizational practices in Western multinational companies operating in Russia," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 371-382.
- Karhunen, Päivi, 2008. "Managing international business operations in a changing institutional context: The case of the St. Petersburg hotel industry," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 28-45, March.
- Newburry, William & Zeira, Yoram & Yeheskel, Orly, 2003. "Autonomy and effectiveness of equity international joint ventures (IJVs) in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 395-419, August.
- Engelhard, Johann & Nägele, Joakim, 2003. "Organizational learning in subsidiaries of multinational companies in Russia," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 262-277, August.
- Almudena Cañibano & David Marsden, 2009. "Participation in Organisations: Economic Approaches," CEP Discussion Papers dp0945, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.