Trade Shows, Trade Missions and State Governments: Increasing FDI and High-Tech Exports
AbstractIn this paper we propose that states which attract comparatively more FDI should concentrate on activities designed to draw additional foreign investment rather than on activities designed to promote exports. Results indicate that states with comparatively more FDI have greater success in their use of trade missions for the purpose of inward FDI attraction and in their use of trade shows to promote high-tech exports.© 2000 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2000) 31, 725–734
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 31 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seyoum, Belay, 2006. "US trade preferences and export performance of developing countries: Evidence from the generalized system of preferences," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 68-83, February.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2006.
"Export Promotion Agencies: What Works and What Doesn't,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5810, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2006. "Export promotion agencies : what works and what doesn't," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4044, The World Bank.
- Huub Ruel & Robin Visser, 2012. "Commercial diplomats as corporate entrepreneurs: explaining role behaviour from an institutional perspective," International Journal of Diplomacy and Economy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 42-79.
- Wilkinson, Timothy & Brouthers, Lance Eliot, 2006. "Trade promotion and SME export performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 233-252, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.