Corporate Strategy and International Environmental Policy
AbstractThis paper analyzes the interactions between international environmental policy and multinational corporate strategy. The main contribution is building a new conceptual framework to analyze the type of corporate strategy developed in the presence of both national an international environmental regulations. This framework distinguishes between firm-level compliance with environmental obligations and the development of resource-based green capabilities. It also classifies major environmental regulations and incorporates a discussion of public policy.© 1998 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1998) 29, 819–833
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 29 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu-Shan Chen, 2008. "The Driver of Green Innovation and Green Image – Green Core Competence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(3), pages 531-543, September.
- Kokko, Ari, 2006. "The Home Country Effects Of Fdi In Developed Economies," EIJS Working Paper Series 225, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2008-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henson, Spencer J. & Hooker, Neal H., 2001. "Private Sector Management Of Food Safety: Public Regulation And The Role Of Private Controls," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(01).
- Aguilera-Caracuel, Javier & Hurtado-Torres, Nuria Esther & Aragón-Correa, Juan Alberto & Rugman, Alan M., 2013. "Differentiated effects of formal and informal institutional distance between countries on the environmental performance of multinational enterprises," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2657-2665.
- Roy, Chandan Roy, 2013. "An Expository Analysis on Environmental Compliance of Indian Leather Industry," MPRA Paper 47685, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2013.
- Martín-Tapia, Inmaculada & Aragón-Correa, J. Alberto & Rueda-Manzanares, Antonio, 2010. "Environmental strategy and exports in medium, small and micro-enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 266-275, July.
- Holtbrügge, Dirk & Dögl, Corinna, 2012. "How international is corporate environmental responsibility? A literature review," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 180-195.
- Javier Aguilera-Caracuel & Juan Aragón-Correa & Nuria Hurtado-Torres & Alan Rugman, 2012. "The Effects of Institutional Distance and Headquarters’ Financial Performance on the Generation of Environmental Standards in Multinational Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(4), pages 461-474, February.
- Zeng, Ka & Eastin, Joshua, 2012. "Do Developing Countries Invest Up? The Environmental Effects of Foreign Direct Investment from Less-Developed Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2221-2233.
- Luis Escobar & Harrie Vredenburg, 2011. "Multinational Oil Companies and the Adoption of Sustainable Development: A Resource-Based and Institutional Theory Interpretation of Adoption Heterogeneity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 98(1), pages 39-65, January.
- Roy, Chandan, 2012. "A Study on Environmental Compliance of Indian Leather Industry & its Far-reaching Impact on Leather Exports," MPRA Paper 41386, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2012.
- Yu-Shan Chen & Ching-Hsun Chang, 2013. "Enhance environmental commitments and green intangible assets toward green competitive advantages: an analysis of structural equation modeling (SEM)," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 529-543, January.
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.