Determinants of Success in International Strategic Alliances: Evidence from the Global Aerospace Industry
AbstractThis paper presents the results of a study linking the performance of international joint ventures and alliances set up in the global aerospace industry to their strategic and organizational features. In a first stage, an empirically based taxonomy of the observed alliances is generated. Then, the economic performance of various types of alliances is evaluated on the basis of industry expert opinions, and the difference in performance of different alliance types is tested.© 1995 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1995) 26, 505–530
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 26 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2005. "The structure-performance relationship in international joint ventures: a comparative analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Glaister, Keith W. & Buckley, Peter J., 1998. "Management-performance relationships in UK joint ventures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 235-257, June.
- Ariño, Africa, 1999. "Measures of collaborative venture performance: An analysis of construct validity," IESE Research Papers D/386, IESE Business School.
- Sim, A.B & Ali, Yunus, 1998. "Performance of international joint ventures from developing and developed countries: An empirical study in a developing country context," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 357-377, January.
- Shin, Jong-Kuk & Park, Min-Sook & Ingram, Rhea, 2012. "Market orientation and communication methods in international strategic alliances," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1606-1611.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2000. "Synergies In Strategic Alliances: Motivation And Outcomes Of Complementary And Synergistic Knowledge Networks," Working Papers 4-2000, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Christophe CARRINCAZEAUX (e3i-IFReDE-GRES) & Vincent FRIGANT (e3i-IFReDE-GRES), 2006. "The internationalisation of the French aerospace industry in the 1990s: a break with the past? (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2006-15, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard, 2001. "Trust and Learning in International Strategic Alliances," Working Papers 8-2001, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Das, T. K. & Teng, Bing-Sheng, 2001. "A risk perception model of alliance structuring," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-29.
- Garrette, Bernard & Castaner, Xavier & Dussauge, Pierre, 2006. "The need for scale as a driver of alliance formation : choosing between collaborative and autonomous production," Les Cahiers de Recherche 821, HEC Paris.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2012. "The characteristics and stock-market performance of international joint ventures located in three host-country groups: An extension and empirical validation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1173-1189.
- David Zoogah & Mike Peng, 2011. "What determines the performance of strategic alliance managers? Two lens model studies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 483-508, September.
- GARRETTE, Bernard & DUSSAUGE, Pierre & CASTANER, Xavier & MULOTTE, Louis, 2007. "Do scale alliances with competitors improve product performace? A study of the Aircraft industry, 1949-2000," Les Cahiers de Recherche 863, HEC Paris.
- Pascal Philippart, 2005. "La dialogique contrat-confiance dans la gestion des alliances interentreprises:une illustration dans l’industrie automobile," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 8(4), pages 177-203, December.
- Ariño, Africa & Torre, Jose de la & Doz, Yves & Ring, Peter S. & Lorenzoni, Gianni, 1999. "Process issues in alliance management: A panel discussion," IESE Research Papers D/403, IESE Business School.
- Kolloge, Konstantin, 2009. "Die Messung des Kooperationserfolges in der empirischen Forschung: Ergebnisse einer Literaturstudie," Arbeitspapiere 76, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Jiang, Xu & Li, Yuan & Gao, Shanxing, 2008. "The stability of strategic alliances: Characteristics, factors and stages," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 173-189, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.