Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship: Cross-Cultural Comparisons of the Importance of Individualism Versus Collectivism
AbstractThis study reports on results of a cross-cultural, empirical investigation designed to assess the impact of individualism/collectivism upon organizational entrepreneurship. The findings indicate individualism/collectivism is an important factor in understanding entrepreneurial behavior in the firm. Implications of these findings are discussed.© 1994 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1994) 25, 65–89
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 25 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harzing, Anne-Wil, 1997. "Response rates in international mail surveys: Results of a 22-country study," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 641-665, December.
- Roney, Jennifer, 1997. "Cultural implications of implementing TQM in Poland," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 152-168, July.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, 2007.
"Entrepreneurial culture, regional innovativeness and economic growth,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 187-210, April.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Culture, Regional Innovativeness and Economic Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa04p210, European Regional Science Association.
- Williams, Christopher & van Triest, Sander, 2009. "The impact of corporate and national cultures on decentralization in multinational corporations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 156-167, April.
- Julio del Junco & José Brás-dos-Santos, 2009. "How different are the entrepreneurs in the European Union internal market?—An exploratory cross-cultural analysis of German, Italian and Spanish entrepreneurs," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 135-162, June.
- Narayanan, V.K. & Yang, Yi & Zahra, Shaker A., 2009. "Corporate venturing and value creation: A review and proposed framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 58-76, February.
- van Hoorn, André & Maseland, Robbert, 2010. "Cultural differences between East and West Germany after 1991: Communist values versus economic performance?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 791-804, December.
- Panagiotis E. Petrakis & Pantelis C. Kostis, 2013.
"The Effects of Cultural Background and Knowledge Creation on Self-Employment and Entry Density Rates,"
Review of Economics & Finance,
Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 18-32, May.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Petrou, Andreas & Plakoyiannaki, Emmanuella & Johnson, Jeffrey E., 2011. "Strategic decision-making processes in internationalization: Does national culture of the focal firm matter?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 194-204, April.
- Punnett, Betty Jane & Greenidge, Dion & Ramsey, Jase, 2007. "Job attitudes and absenteeism: A study in the English speaking Caribbean," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 214-227, June.
- Frambach, Ruud T. & Herk, Hester van & Agarwal, Manoj K., 2003. "Culture's influence on innovation adoption : A global study of manager's adoption intention of telecom innovations," Serie Research Memoranda 0014, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Fernanda Llussa, 2011. "Determinants of Entrepreneurship: Are Women Different?," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp555, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- María-José Pinillos & Luisa Reyes, 2011. "Relationship between individualist–collectivist culture and entrepreneurial activity: evidence from Global Entrepreneurship Monitor data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.