Are Multinational Corporations Superior Investment Vehicles for Achieving International Diversification?
AbstractInternational portfolio diversification is advantageous to the investor from a risk reduction viewpoint. Investing in MNCs and direct investing in foreign firms are 2 methods of diversifying internationally. Two issues are examined in this paper: Are there barriers to direct international diversification by investors? Do MNCs enjoy certain unique economic and financial advantages? Positive responses to both of these questions indicate that MNCs are in fact superior investment vehicles for achieving international diversification.© 1983 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1983) 14, 135–146
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (1983)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borde, Stephen F. & Whyte, Ann Marie & Wiant, Kenneth J. & Hoffman, Lorrie L., 1998. "New evidence on factors that influence the wealth effects of international joint ventures," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 63-77, January.
- Colm Kearney & Frank Barry, 2005. "MNEs and Industrial Structure in Host Countries:A Mean Variance Analysis of Ireland’s Manufacturing Sector," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp023, IIIS.
- Brett Olsen & B. Elango, 2005. "Do Multinational Operations Influence Firm Value? Evidence from the Triad Regions," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(1), pages 11-29, April.
- Waheed, Amjad & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "Wealth effects of foreign expansion by U.S. banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 823-842, August.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2007. "The sensitivity of U.S. multinational enterprises to political and macroeconomic uncertainty: A sectoral analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 732-750, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.