Methodological and Theoretical Issues and Advancements in Cross-Cultural Research
AbstractThis paper summarizes the issues and concerns of critics of cross-cultural research, and discusses how they are being addressed by researchers. Given the state of the art and the complexity of this field of research, the author recommends more inductive research and the pursuit of appropriate, but not overambitious sampling designs, so as to increase our understanding of cultures and encourage the building of richer theory bases. Taking an optimistic view of the field, the author predicts useful contributions by researchers which will enrich the art and science of cross-cultural management.© 1983 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1983) 14, 61–74
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (1983)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Sandra S. & Luo, Xueming & Shi, Yi-Zheng, 2003. "Market-oriented organizations in an emerging economy: A study of missing links," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 481-491, June.
- Knight, Gary A. & Spreng, Richard A. & Yaprak, Attila, 2003. "Cross-national development and validation of an international business measurement scale: the COISCALE," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 581-599, October.
- Yamamura, Jeanne H. & Frakes, Albert H. & Sanders, Debra L. & Ahn, Sung K., 1996. "A comparison of Japanese and U.S. Auditor decision-making behavior," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 347-363.
- Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D., 2001. "Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 495-527, September.
- Walsh, Gianfranco & Beatty, Sharon E. & Shiu, Edward M.K., 2009. "The customer-based corporate reputation scale: Replication and short form," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 924-930, October.
- Piercy, Nigel F. & Low, George S. & Cravens, David W., 2011. "Country differences concerning sales organization and salesperson antecedents of sales unit effectiveness," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 104-115, January.
- Piercy, Nigel F. & Low, George S. & Cravens, David W., 2004. "Examining the effectiveness of sales management control practices in developing countries," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 255-267, August.
- Nakata, Cheryl & Huang, Yili, 2005. "Progress and promise: the last decade of international marketing research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 611-618, May.
- Polsa, Pia, 2013. "The crossover-dialog approach: The importance of multiple methods for international business," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 288-297.
- Roy, Abhik & Walters, Peter G. P. & Luk, Sherriff T. K., 2001. "Chinese puzzles and paradoxes: conducting business research in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 203-210, May.
- Mehta, Rajiv & Polsa, Pia & Mazur, Jolanta & Xiucheng, Fan & Dubinsky, Alan J., 2006. "Strategic alliances in international distribution channels," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(10-11), pages 1094-1104, October.
- Peng, T. K. & Peterson, M. F., 1998. "Contingent and noncontingent social rewards and punishments from leaders: do US and Japanese subordinates make comparable distinctions?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 69-87, February.
- Brunso, Karen & Grunert, Klaus G., 1998. "Cross-Cultural Similarities and Differences in Shopping for Food," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 145-150, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.