A Macroeconometric Model for Developing Countries
AbstractA small macroeconomic model based on familiar theoretical considerations is developed and estimated using data from 31 developing countries. Efficient estimation techniques are used to control for country heterogeneity under the assumption of rational expectations. The estimates and the test statistics suggest that the model could serve well as a frame-work for macroeconomic analysis of developing countries. The specification of the model allows the hypothesis of capital mobility to be explicitly tested, and the empirical analysis suggests that, on average, developing countries have exhibited a high degree of capital mobility.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 37 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Eiichi Araki, 2004. "New Directions in Latin American Macroeconometrics," Development and Comp Systems, EconWPA 0408002, EconWPA.
- Diego Nicolás Moccero, 2001. "Esquemas Cambiarios y Monetarios Alternativos en un Modelo de Interdependencia Macroeconómica entre Argentina y Brasil," Department of Economics, Working Papers 031, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Kannapiran, Chinna A., 2001. "Macroeconomic impacts of export commodity price subsidy in Papua New Guinea," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45(3), September.
- Krishna Akikina & Hamed Al-Hoshan, 2003. "Independence of monetary policy under fixed exchange rates: the case of Saudi Arabia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 437-448.
- Pami Dua & B.L. Pandit, 2001. "Interest Rate Determination in India: The Role of Domestic and External Factors," Working papers, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics 92, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Zelal Kotan & Mesut Saygili, 1999. "Estimating an Import Function for Turkey," Discussion Papers, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey 9909, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis, 1992. "Dynamic response to foreign transfers and terms-of-trade shocks in open economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 1061, The World Bank.
- Daniel Zerfu Gurara, 2013. "Working Paper 177 - A Macroeconometric Model for Rwanda," Working Paper Series, African Development Bank 476, African Development Bank.
- Rankaduwa, Wimal & Rao, U. L. Gouranga & Ogwang, Tomson, 1995. "A forecasting model of the Sri Lankan economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 343-375, October.
- Dua, Pami & Pandit, B. L., 2002. "Interest rate determination in India: domestic and external factors," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 853-875, December.
- Nicolas Ponty, 2005. "Un modèle MAcroDYNamique des économies des pays membres de l’UEMOA : MADYN," Documents de travail, Groupe d'Economie du DÃ©veloppement de l'UniversitÃ© Montesquieu Bordeaux IV 118, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Musila, Jacob Wanjala, 2002. "An econometric model of the Malawian economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 295-330, March.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu & Bengi Kibritcioglu, 2004. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in Turkey, 1987-2003 (in Turkish)," Macroeconomics, EconWPA 0403006, EconWPA, revised 09 Mar 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.