Determinants of Access to Credit for Corporate Farms in Russia
AbstractAccess to agricultural credit is analysed using logit regression for a sample of corporate farms included in the 2003 BASIS survey. As is normal in market economies, more profitable farms have a higher probability of borrowing from financial institutions. On the other hand, contrary to the pattern in market economies, asset endowments (land and capital stock) have a very weak effect on the ability to borrow, reflecting the low collaterisability of farm assets in Russia. Overdue debt does not significantly restrict the ability to borrow in our analysis, presumably because of the general acceptance of soft budget constraints in the system. Comparative Economic Studies (2005) 47, 181–187. doi:10.1057/palgrave.ces.8100083
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Comparative Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 47 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, Dâ€™Artis, 2011. "The Impact of Market Imperfections on Heterogeneous Firm Output, Productivity, and Profit," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 39(1).
- Pavel Ciaian & d’Artis Kancs, 2011.
"The Impact Of Food Price Shock On Heterogeneous Credit Constrained Firms,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(2), pages 115-137, 06.
- Pavel Ciaian & d'Artis Kancs, 2008. "The Impact of Food Price Shock on Heterogenous Credit Constrained Firms," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, d'Artis, 2009. "The Impact of Food Price Shock on Heterogenous Credit Constrained Firms," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China, International Association of Agricultural Economists 51428, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heidelbach, Olaf, 2007. "Efficiency of selected risk management instruments: An empirical analysis of risk reduction in Kazakhstani crop production," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 40, number 92323.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.