Virtualisation the Accounting Information System Infrastructure
AbstractCloud Computing is a form of globalising IT&C services and represents one of the main solutions to the current issues of global economy with a view to cutting operational costs and focusing on IT&C services in several global conglomerates. Cloud solutions save companies costs on servers, licences, software, hosting, collocation, maintenance, highly specialised technical personnel, updating and upgrading of all kinds, by using a single service. This paper aims at presenting the current issues of increasing the efficiency of the computing system infrastructure which assists the accounting of companies. We have analysed aspects related to concepts such as Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Virtualisation. Moreover, the essential features, the models associated to the cloud computing concept are highlighted as well as the advantages of the virtualisation of the accounting information system infrastructure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series.
Volume (Year): XII (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-ovidius.ro/facultatea-de-stiinte-economice
More information through EDIRC
Cloud Computing; IaaS; PaaS; SaaS; Virtualisation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeflea Victor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.