The Audit of Accounting Information System Infrastructure
AbstractThe phenomena that mark the economic environment in recent decades are under the sign of globalization, interdependence and interaction. Whatever happens in any corner of the world, affects more or less extensively the local economic environments. In these circumstances, any organization, regardless of its activity profile, size and space in which it operates, must prove its viability, ability to communicate and adapt in order to achieve economic and financial performance to make it increasingly competitive. This paper aims to address the issue of accounting information system infrastructure audit, in terms of globalization, an activity which involves evaluating all aspects of automated data processing systems, including related manual processing activities. Key concepts relative to what is the audit of accounting information system infrastructure, audit aim, audit methodology (7 steps), audit report, as well as steps to be followed in implementing post audit corrections, are highlighted.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series.
Volume (Year): XI (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-ovidius.ro/facultatea-de-stiinte-economice
More information through EDIRC
infrastructure; accounting information system (AIS); audit.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeflea Victor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.