The Financial Crisis and the Capital Market
AbstractThe financial crisis was the negative, cumulative effect of several interconnected factors, of economic, financial and institutional nature. Interdependence of economies and global financial systems have led to the chaing propagation of the crisis effects, due to the globalization of the financial services market. The fall of developed markets has had a strong impact on emerging markets which have experienced an unprecedented lack of liquidity. Against this background the international financial crisis, the Romanian capital market was characterized by high volatility, reduced liquidity and a sudden decrease of stock exchange indices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences in its journal Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series.
Volume (Year): X (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univ-ovidius.ro/facultatea-de-stiinte-economice
More information through EDIRC
financial crisis; financial market globalization; foreign investments; liquidity.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeflea Victor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.