The Impact of Changes in Job Security Regulations in India and Zimbabwe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Bank Group in its journal World Bank Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 5 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://wber.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillermo Mondino & Silvia Montoya, 2000. "The Effects of Labor Market Regulations on Employment Decisions by Firms: Empirical Evidence for Argentina," Research Department Publications 3091, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Basu, Kaushik & Fields, Gary S. & Debgupta, Shub, 2007. "Labor Retrenchment Laws and their Effect on Wages and Employment: A Theoretical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 2742, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2008.
"Are All Labor Regulations Equal? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2009. "Are all labor regulations equal? Evidence from Indian manufacturing," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 62-75, March.
- Gerry Rodgers, 1992. "Institutional Economics, Development Economics and Labour Economics," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 31(4), pages 581-605.
- Alvaro Forteza & Martín Rama, 2000.
"Labor Market "Rigidity" and the Success of Economic Reforms Across more than One Hundred Countries,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0600, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Forteza, Alvaro & Rama, Martin, 2001. "Labor market"rigidity"and the success of economic reforms across more than one hundred countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2521, The World Bank.
- Gayle Allard & Peter H. Lindert, 2006.
"Euro-Productivity and Euro-Jobs since the 1960s: Which Institutions Really Mattered?,"
NBER Working Papers
12460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Lindert & Gayle Allard, 2006. "EURO-PRODUCTIVITY AND EURO-JOBS SINCE THE 1960s: WHICH INSTITUTIONS REALLY MATTERED?," Working Papers 619, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Priya Deshingkar, 2010. "Extending Labour Inspections to the Informal Sector and Agriculture," Working Papers id:2887, eSocialSciences.
- Velenchik, Ann D., 1997. "Market power, firm performance and real wage growth in Zimbabwean manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 749-762, May.
- Djankov, Simeon & Ramalho, Rita, 2008.
"Employment Laws in Developing Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7097, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin Rama, 2002.
"Globalization and Workers in Developing Countries,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
41, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Rahul Shastri & Ramana Murthy, 2005. "Declining Share of Wages in Organised Indian Industry (1973-97): A Kaleckian Perspective," Industrial Organization 0504020, EconWPA.
- MacIsaac, Donna & Rama, Martin, 2001. "Mandatory severance pay : its coverage and effects in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2626, The World Bank.
- Gayle Allard, 2006. "Euro-productivity and euro-jobs since the 1960s: which institutions mattered?," Working Papers Economia wp06-22, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Maskus, Keith E., 1997. "Should core labor standards be imposed through international trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1817, The World Bank.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2007. "Economic Geography of Industrial Location: Evidence from Indian States," MPRA Paper 22441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arvind Virmani & Danish A. Hashim, 2010. "Factor Employment, Sources and Sustainability of Output Growth: Analysis of Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:2415, eSocialSciences.
- Kijima, Yoko, 2006. "Why did wage inequality increase? Evidence from urban India 1983-99," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 97-117, October.
- Ana M. Fernandes & Ariel Pakes, 2008. "Factor Utilization in Indian Manufacturing: A Look at the World Bank Investment Climate Surveys Data," NBER Working Papers 14178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Pagés & Claudio E. Montenegro, 2007. "Job security and the age-composition of employment: evidence from Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(2 Year 20), pages 109-139, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.