Financial Institutions and Markets across Countries and over Time: The Updated Financial Development and Structure Database
AbstractThis article introduces the updated and expanded version of the Financial Development and Structure Database. The database includes indicators on the size, efficiency, and stability of banks, nonbank financial institutions, and equity and bond markets over 1960--2007. It also contains indicators of financial globalization. Copyright The Author 2010. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / the world bank . All rights reserved. For permissions, please e-mail: email@example.com, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Bank Group in its journal The World Bank Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 24 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://wber.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Carlos A. Végh & Guillermo Vuletin, 2011.
"On Graduation from Fiscal Procyclicality,"
NBER Working Papers
17619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chowdhury, Reza H. & Maung, Min, 2012. "Financial market development and the effectiveness of R&D investment: Evidence from developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 258-272.
- Cheng, Su-Yin, 2012. "Substitution or complementary effects between banking and stock markets: Evidence from financial openness in Taiwan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 508-520.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo López, 2013.
"Financial development, exporting and firm heterogeneity in Chile,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 183-207, March.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo López, 2012. "Financial Development, Exporting and Firm Heterogeneity in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 666, Central Bank of Chile.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo Lopez, 2012. "Financial Development, Exporting and Firm Heterogeneity in Chile," Working Papers 51, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo & Peter Montiel, 2010.
"Monetary transmission in low income countries,"
Center for Development Economics
2010-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter J & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2010. "Monetary transmission in low income countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 7951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Montiel & Antonio Spilimbergo & Prachi Mishra, 2010. "Monetary Transmission in Low Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/223, International Monetary Fund.
- Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo & Peter Montiel, 2010. "Monetary transmission in low income countries," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-14, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Lin, Pei-Chien & Huang, Ho-Chuan (River), 2012. "Banking industry volatility and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1007-1019.
- Sebastian Jauch & Sebastian Watzka, 2011. "Financial Development and Income Inequality: A Panel Data Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 3687, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lucas Bretschger & Vivien Kappel, 2010.
"Market concentration and the likelihood of financial crises,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
10/138, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Kappel, Vivien & Werner, Therese, 2012. "Market concentration and the likelihood of financial crises," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3336-3345.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Degryse, H.A. & Kneer, E.C., 2012.
"Is More Finance Better? Disentangling Intermediation and Size Effects of Financial Systems,"
2012-060, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beck, Thorsten & Degryse, Hans & Kneer, Christiane, 2012. "Is more finance better? Disentangling intermediation and size effects of financial systems," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/353769, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Beck, Thorsten & Degryse, Hans & Kneer, Christiane, 2013. "Is more finance better? Disentangling intermediation and size effects of financial systems," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/395304, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Shiyuan Pan & Mengbo Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Patent Protection, Financial Development and Economic Growth," CEMA Working Papers 589, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Lin, C. & Ma, Y., 2010. "Why Do Firms Evade Taxes? The Role of Information Sharing and Financial Sector Outreach," Discussion Paper 2010-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Allen, Franklin & Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2012. "Financial crisis, structure and reform," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2960-2973.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.