Web indicators for complex innovation systems
AbstractThe Web and innovation systems are interacting complex systems that impact each other. Web indicators used to inform decision-makers about the impact they are having on each must be reproducible and relevant. Web metrics research is young and best-practice methodologies for producing robust indicators are evolving. This study describes a methodology for producing robust indicators of the web presence of the European and Canadian innovation systems. It demonstrates that the emergent properties and scaling characteristics expected of complex systems are captured by these indicators. It illustrates how these indicators can be used to measure the amount of recognition a nation or province's web presence receives from other nations and provinces in their innovation systems. Copyright , Beech Tree Publishing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Research Evaluation.
Volume (Year): 15 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kotsemir, Maxim & Abroskin, Alexander, 2013.
"Innovation Concepts and Typology – An Evolutionary Discussion,"
45069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maxim Kotsemir & Alexander Abroskin & Dirk Meissner, 2013. "Innovation concepts and typology – an evolutionary discussion," HSE Working papers WP BRP 05/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2009. "Highly cited leaders and the performance of research universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1079-1092, September.
- Katz, J. Sylvan, 2006. "Indicators for complex innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 893-909, September.
- Sylvan Katz, 2012. "Science Policy, Complex Innovation Systems and Performance Measures," SPRU Working Paper Series 198, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.