The Private Placement of Debt and Outside Equity as an Information Revelation Mechanism
AbstractWe view debt and outside equity as serving to elicit credible information from different specialists about the value of an enterprise in its various uses. The equity valuation specialist provides a price forecast for equity that reveals information about the value of the enterprise in its primary use. The debt valuation specialist provides a price forecast for debt that reveals information about the value of the enterprise in its alternative use. The prices forecast by the valuation specialists credibly reveal their private information because they are required to buy the associated claims at the forecast prices, thereby bonding their valuations. Article published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society for Financial Studies in its journal, The Review of Financial Studies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Studies in its journal Review of Financial Studies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Journals Department, 2001 Evans Road, Cary, NC 27513 USA.
Web page: http://www.rfs.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Axelson, Ulf, 2005. "Security Design with Investor Private Information," SIFR Research Report Series, Institute for Financial Research 37, Institute for Financial Research.
- Banerji, Sanjay & Errunza, Vihang R., 2005. "Privatization under incomplete information and bankruptcy risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 735-757, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.