Towards a General Theory of Good-Deal Bounds
AbstractWe consider an incomplete market in the form of a multidimensional Markovian factor model, driven by a general marked point process (representing discrete jump events), as well as by a standard multidimensional Wiener process. Within this framework, we study arbitrage-free gooddeal pricing bounds for derivative assets, thereby extending the results by Cochrane and Saá Requejo (2000) to the point process case, while, at the same time, obtaining a radical simplification of the theory. To illustrate, we present numerical results for the classic Merton jump-diffusion model. As a by-product of the general theory, we derive extended Hansen-Jagannathan bounds for the Sharpe Ratio process in the point process setting. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Finance Association in its journal Review of Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bion-Nadal, Jocelyne, 2009. "Bid-ask dynamic pricing in financial markets with transaction costs and liquidity risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(11), pages 738-750, December.
- Josa-Fombellida, Ricardo & Rincón-Zapatero, Juan Pablo, 2012. "Stochastic pension funding when the benefit and the risky asset follow jump diffusion processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 404-413.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Milevsky, Moshe A. & David Promislow, S. & Young, Virginia R., 2009. "Valuation of mortality risk via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio: Applications to life annuities," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 676-691, March.
- Young, Virginia R., 2008. "Pricing life insurance under stochastic mortality via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 691-703, April.
- Ibáñez, Alfredo, 2008. "Factorization of European and American option prices under complete and incomplete markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 311-325, February.
- Marroquı´n-Martı´nez, Naroa & Moreno, Manuel, 2013. "Optimizing bounds on security prices in incomplete markets. Does stochastic volatility specification matter?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(3), pages 429-442.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.