Factors Affecting the Selection of Business Arrangements by U.S. Hog Farmers
AbstractThis study examines the influences of risk, transaction costs, autonomy, size, farm demographics, and socioeconomic characteristics on the choice of four business arrangements by U.S. hog producers. Data for this analysis were obtained from a national survey of U.S. hog producers. This research supports other studies that discuss the role of risk in the advent of contracting and transaction costs in the selection of business arrangements. The study results suggest that those who value autonomy less are currently adopters of contracts. Copyright 2007, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franken, Jason R.V. & Pennings, Joost M.E. & Garcia, Philip, 2012. "Measuring Risk Attitude and Relation to Marketing Behavior," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124471, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Granoszewski, Karol & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Langfristige Rohstoffsicherung in der Supply Chain Biogas: Status Quo und Potenziale vertraglicher Zusammenarbeit," DARE Discussion Papers 1303, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Nyaupane, Narayan P. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M., 2011. "Factors Influencing Producersâ€™ Marketing Decisions in the Louisiana Crawfish Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 42(2), July.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2010.
"Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(02), May.
- Katchova, Ani L., 2008. "Agricultural Contracts and Alternative Marketing Options: A Matching Analysis," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6336, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Granoszewski, Karol & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Vertragliche Zusammenarbeit bei der energetischen Biomasselieferung: Einstellungen und Bindungsbereitschaften von deutschen Landwirten," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156131, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.