Corporate Governance and Globalization
AbstractThis survey gives an overview of the current state of knowledge on the question of whether corporate-governance structures worldwide are determinants of differences in economic performance. We look at the identities of owners, monitoring boards, and legal systems and find that some, though not all, corporate-governance structures give rise to differences in performance. The paper ends with a tentative look at the prospects of corporate-governance structures converging worldwide. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Review of Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://oxrep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ajit Singh, 2012.
"Financial Globalization and Human Development,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 135-151, February.
- Singh, Ajit, 2011. "Financial globalisation and human development," MPRA Paper 53043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit, 2011. "Financial globalisation and human development," MPRA Paper 39048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 2011. "Financial Globalisation and Human Development," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp421, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Desai, Sameeksha & Eklund, Johan E., 2008.
"Ownership, Economic Entrenchment and Allocation of Capital,"
Ratio Working Papers
120, The Ratio Institute.
- Johan E. Eklund & Sameeksha Desai, 2008. "Ownership, Economic Entrenchment and Allocation of Capital," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-012, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Eklund, Johan & Desai, Sameeksha, 2008. "Ownership, Economic Entrenchment and Allocation of Capital," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 123, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Ajit Singh & Jack Glen & Ann Zammit & Rafael De-Hoyos & Alaka Singh & Bruce Weisse, 2005.
"Shareholder Value Maximisation, Stock Market and New Technology: Should the US Corporate Model be the Universal Standard?,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 419-437.
- Ajit Singh & Jack Glen & Ann Zammitt & Rafael De Hoyos & Alaka Singh & Bruce Weisse, 2005. "Shareholder value maximisation, stock market and new technology: should the US corporate model be the universal standard," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp315, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Eklund, Johan E. & Palmberg, Johanna & Wiberg, Daniel, 2010. "Family Ownership and Returns on Investment – Founders, Heirs, and External Managers," Ratio Working Papers 148, The Ratio Institute.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008.
"Contractual Corporate Governance,"
2008-015, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Antonio Torrero Mañas, 2005. "The increasing relevance of the stock market in the world: A new scenario," Working Papers 01/05, Instituto Universitario de Análisis Económico y Social.
- Deakin, Simon & Sarkar, Prabirjit & Singh, Ajit, 2011.
"An end to consensus? the selective impact of corporate law reform on financial development,"
39047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deakin, S. & Sarkar, P. & Singh, A., 2011. "An End to Consensus? The Selective Impact of Corporate Law Reform on Financial Development," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp423, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Gatti, Donatella, 2008. "Macroeconomic Effects of Ownership Structure in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3415, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luo, Yadong, 2005. "How does globalization affect corporate governance and accountability? A perspective from MNEs," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 19-41, March.
- Ajit Singh, 2008. "Stock Markets in Low and Middle Income Countries," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp377, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Singh, Ajit, 2010. "Are the Institutions of the Stock Market and the Market for Corporate Control Evolutionary Advances for Developing Countries?," MPRA Paper 24346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johanna Palmberg & Johan Eklund & Daniel Wiberg, 2011. "Family Ownership and Return on Investments â€šÃ„Ã¬ Founders, Heirs and External Managers," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1517, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.