Testing for a Break in Output: New International Evidence
AbstractIn this note, the authors present the outcomes of two unit root tests, which allow for the existence of a break in real GDP for twelve industrial countries, using data for the period 1870-1989. The authors conclude that in the majority of the countries real per capita GDP has no unit root and that both tests yield very similar break dates. Copyright 1995 by Royal Economic Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Velazquez & Noriega & A., 2004.
"International evidence on monetary neutrality under broken trend stationary models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
282, Society for Computational Economics.
- R. Velazquez & A.E. Noriega & L.M. Soria, 2004. "International Evidence on Monetary Neutrality Under Broken Trend Stationary Models," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 57, Econometric Society.
- Mohitosh Kejriwal & Claude Lopez, 2013.
"Unit Roots, Level Shifts, and Trend Breaks in Per Capita Output: A Robust Evaluation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 892-927, November.
- Mohitosh Kejriwal & Claude Lopez, 2010. "Unit Roots, Level Shifts and Trend Breaks in PerCapita Output: A Robust Evaluation," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2010-02, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Kejriwal , M. & Lopez, C., 2011. "Unit Roots, Level Shifts and Trend Breaks in Per Capita Output: A Robust Evaluation," Working papers 334, Banque de France.
- Mohitosh Kejriwal & Claude Lopez, 2009. "Unit Roots, Level Shifts and Trend Breaks in Per Capita Output: A Robust Evaluation," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1227, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kejriwal, Mohitosh & Lopez, Claude, 2010. "Unit Roots, Level Shifts and Trend Breaks in Per Capita Output: A Robust Evaluation," MPRA Paper 25204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie David, 1996.
"Deterministic, Stochastic, and Segmented Trends in Aggregate Output: A Cross-Country Analysis,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 134-62, January.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie Chinn, 1995. "Deterministic, stochastic and segmented trends in aggregate output: A cross-country analysis," Macroeconomics 9508005, EconWPA.
- Antonio E. Noriega & Daniel Ventosa-Santaularia, 2005.
"Spurious regression under broken trend stationarity,"
Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers
EM200501, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Antonio E. Noriega & Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària, 2006. "Spurious Regression Under Broken-Trend Stationarity," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 671-684, 09.
- Daniel Ventosa-Santaularia & Antonio E. Noriega, 2005. "Spurious regression under broken trend stationarity," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 186, Society for Computational Economics.
- Pedersen, Torben Mark & Elmer, Anne Marie, 2003. "International evidence on the connection between business cycles and economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 255-275, June.
- David Greasley & Les Oxley, 2000. "Outside the Club: New Zealand's economic growth, 1870-1993," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 173-192.
- Paresh Narayan, 2008. "Is Asian per capita GDP panel stationary?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 439-449, June.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Maclennan, Duncan, 2001. "The Long-Run Price Elasticity of Supply of New Residential Construction in the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 278-306, September.
- Stuart Glosser & Lonnie Golden, 2005. "Is labour becoming more or less flexible? Changing dynamic behaviour and asymmetries of labour input in US manufacturing," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 535-557, July.
- Antonio E. Noriega & Luis M. Soria & Ramón Velázquez, 2008.
"International Evidence on Stochastic and Deterministic Monetary Neutrality,"
2008-04, Banco de México.
- Noriega, Antonio E. & Soria, Luis M. & Velázquez, Ramón, 2008. "International evidence on stochastic and deterministic monetary neutrality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1261-1275, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.