Agglomeration and growth: a dialogue between economists and geographers
AbstractThis special issue contains papers by both economists and geographers on agglomeration and growth. In this introduction, we first provide a brief sketch of recent developments in the interaction between economists and geographers. We then propose some contextual background to make it easier for geographers to approach the economics papers of this issue and conversely. Finally, specific areas of overlapping interests to the two disciplines are also highlighted. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Journal of Economic Geography.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Gilles Duranton & Michael Storper, 2006. "Agglomeration and growth : a dialogue between economists and geographers," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f0uohitsgqh, Sciences Po.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugo Fratesi, 2010. "Regional innovation and competitiveness in a dynamic representation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 515-552, August.
- BOONE, Christophe & BROUWER, Aleid & JACOBS, Jan & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009.
"Religious pluralism and organizational diversity: An empirical test for the city of Zwolle, the Netherlands, 1851-1914,"
2009003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- BOONE, Christophe & BROUWER, Aleid & JACOBS, Jan & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2009. "Religious pluralism and organizational diversity: An empirical test for the city of Zwolle, the Netherlands, 1851-1914," ACED Working Papers 2009002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Nicodemo, Catia, 2013. "Immigration and Labor Productivity: New Empirical Evidence for Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 7297, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Teruel Carrizosa , Mercedes & Segarra Blasco , Agustí, 2009. "Immigration and Firm Performance: a city-level approach," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 15, pages 111-137.
- Mercedes Teruel-Carrizosa & Agustí Segarra-Blasco, 2008. "Immigration and Firm Growth: Evidence from Spanish cities," Working Papers XREAP2008-11, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.