Modelling the Determinants of Government Expenditure in Sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractThe paper examines the factors determining aggregate public expenditure in Sub-Saharan Africa, using a modelling framework which draws on insights from the theory of the private consumer. Of particular interest is the extent to which countries of different kinds are limited in their ability to adjust borrowing and fiscal revenue. Whilst all countries appear to face substantial borrowing and revenue constraints, significant differences emerge between low- and high-debt countries. Copyright 1997 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) in its journal Journal of African Economies.
Volume (Year): 6 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.jae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Augustin Fosu, 2010.
"The External Debt-Servicing Constraint and Public-Expenditure Composition in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 22(3), pages 378-393.
- Fosu, Augustin, 2010. "The external debt-servicing constraint and public-expenditure composition in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 39238, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2003. "Nigeria - Policy Options for Growth and Stability : Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14388, The World Bank.
- Fosu, Augustin Kwasi, 2007. "Fiscal Allocation for Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of the External Debt Service Constraint," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 702-713, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.