Job Satisfaction and Employment Equity in South Africa
AbstractThis paper is the first to estimate job satisfaction equations in post-Apartheid South Africa. Absolute earnings contribute to greater job satisfaction. Racial group is also an important predictor of job satisfaction, but, when interacted with a proxy for affirmative action legislation, it is found that black job satisfaction is positively correlated with this legislation whereas coloured and to a lesser extent white job satisfaction is diminished. Copyright 2010 The author 2009. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Centre for the Study of African Economies. All rights reserved. For permissions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) in its journal Journal of African Economies.
Volume (Year): 19 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.jae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lea Cassar, 2010. "Revisiting Informality: Evidence from Employment Characteristics and Job Satisfaction in Chile," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp041, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Aysýt Tansel & Þaziye Gazioðlu, 2013.
"Management-Employee Relations, Firm Size And Job Satisfaction,"
2013/5, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & Saziye Gazioglu, 2013. "Management-Employee Relations, Firm Size, and Job Satisfaction," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1307, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Tansel, Aysit & Gazioglu, Saziye, 2013. "Management-Employee Relations, Firm Size and Job Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 7308, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tansel, Aysit & Gazioglu, Saziye, 2013. "Management-Employee Relations, Firm Size and Job Satisfaction," MPRA Paper 45060, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysit Tansel & Saziye Gazioglu, 2012. "Management-Employee Relations, Firm Size and Job Satisfaction," ERC Working Papers 1211, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Dec 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.