Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Schumpeter Revisited
AbstractIn a large part of the literature on Schumpeter one finds that attention is paid to either his early contributions, with reference to the role of the entrepreneur as the personification of innovation, or to his later contributions, stressing the role of large companies as main drivers of innovation. This paper complements some recent contributions to the assessment of the influence of Schumpeter on economics and social sciences in general. It demonstrates that a careful reading of his writings reveals that there is no simple dichotomy between the 'old' and the 'young'. Entrepreneurial activities play an active role in understanding the dynamics of innovation throughout Schumpeter's theory. Copyright 1996 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial & Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:0000109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kor, Yasemin Y. & Mahoney, Joseph T. & Michael, Steven C., 2005. "Resources, Capabilities and Entrepreneurial Perceptions," Working Papers 05-0120, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2011. "Regional heterogeneity and firms’ innovation: the role of regional factors in industrial R&D in India," MPRA Paper 28096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Rogers, 2004.
"Competition, agency and productivity,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 349-367.
- David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 0000. "Sources of Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-109/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Voeten, Jaap & Haan, Job de & Groot, Gerard de, 2009. "Is that Innovation? Assessing Examples of Revitalized Economic Dynamics among Clusters of Small Producers in Northern Vietnam," MERIT Working Papers 055, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2097109 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.