Asymmetric price transmission in the Spanish lamb sector
AbstractThis article investigates the non-linear adjustment between farm and retail prices in the lamb sector in Spain, using a three-regime Threshold Autoregressive Model. The results indicate that, in the long run, price transmission is perfect and any supply or demand shocks are fully transmitted along the marketing chain. In the short run, price adjustments between the farm and the retail levels are asymmetric and reveal a demand-pull transmission mechanism. On the other hand, retailers benefit from any shock, whether positive or negative, that affects supply or demand conditions. Copyright 2007, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Radwan, Amr & Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2010. "The Impact of Avian Influenza on Vertical Price Transmission in the Egyptian Poultry Sector," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 91830, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Abdessalem Abbassi & Lota D. Tamini & Jean‐Philippe Gervais, 2012.
"Do Inventories Have an Impact on Price Transmission? Evidence From the Canadian Chicken Industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 173-186, 03.
- Abbassi, Abdessalem & Tamini, Lota D. & Gervais, Jean-Philippe, 2011. "Do inventories have an impact on price transmission? Evidence from the Canadian chicken industry," MPRA Paper 30868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Radwan, Amr & Serra, Teresa & Gil, José M., 2012. "Food scare crises and developing countries: The impact of avian influenza on vertical price transmission in the Egyptian poultry sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 264-274.
- Daniele CAVICCHIOLI, 2013.
"Detecting market power along food supply chains: evidence from the fluid milk sector in Italy,"
Departmental Working Papers
2013-01, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano, revised 30 Jan 2013.
- Cavicchioli, Daniele, 2010. "Detecting Market Power Along Food Supply Chains: Evidence From the Fluid Milk Sector in Italy," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 94991, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Buysse, Jeroen & Begum, Ismat Ara & Wailes, Eric J. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2012. "Measuring Market Integration in the Presence of Threshold Effect: The Case of Bangladesh Rice Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124435, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ihle, Rico & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2008. "Nonlinear Vector Error Correction Models in Price Transmission Analysis: Threshold Models vs. Markov-Switching Models," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44198, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Octavio Fern?ndez-Amador & Josef Baumgartner & Jes?s Crespo-Cuaresma, 2010.
"Milking The Prices: The Role of Asymmetries in the Price Transmission Mechanism for Milk Products in Austria,"
2010-21, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Octavio Fernández Amador & Josef Baumgartner & Jesús Crespo Cuaresma, . "Milking the Prices: The Role of Asymmetries in the Price Transmission Mechanism for Milk Products in Austria," WIFO Working Papers 378, WIFO.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Falkowski, Jan & Ferto, Imre, 2012.
"What causes asymmetric price transmission in agro-food sector? Meta-analysis perspective,"
86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
134765, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Zoltan Bakucs & Imre Ferto & Jan Falkowski, 2013. "What causes asymmetric price transmission in agro-food sector? Meta-analysis perspective," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1303, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Brosig, Stephan & Weitzel, Enno-Burghard & Glauben, Thomas & Poghosyan, Tigran & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Spatial market integration and the dynamics of transaction costs in the Chinese soy bean market," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Ihle, Rico & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2008. "A Comparison of Threshold Cointegration and Markov-Switching Vector Error Correction Models in Price Transmission Analysis," 2008 Conference, April 21-22, 2008, St. Louis, Missouri 37603, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Bremmers, Harry J. & van der Meulen, Bernd M.J. & Sredojevi, Zorica & Wijnands, Jo H.M., 2012. "Legal-Economic Barriers to Price Transfers in Food Supply Chains," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 6.
- Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & Begum, Ismat Ara, 2012. "World and Bangladesh Rice Market Integration: An Application of Threshold Cointegration and Threshold Vector Error Correction Model (TVECM)," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 135119, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2009. "Price transmission in the Spanish bovine sector: the BSE effect," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50121, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nakajima, Toru, 2011. "Estimations of the price transmission and market power in canola export market: implication to canola import of Japan," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100689, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.