Agricultural price volatility spillover effects: the case of Greece
AbstractThis paper investigates volatility spillover effects across agricultural input prices, agricultural output prices and retail food prices using the technique of Generalised Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedastic (GARCH) models. The empirical findings show that the volatility of both agricultural input and retail food prices exerts significant, positive spillover effects on the volatility of agricultural output prices. Moreover, the volatility of agricultural output prices has a significant, positive impact on its own volatility. Agricultural output prices are shown to be more volatile than agricultural input and retail food prices. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kong, Minji & Han, Doo Bong & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2012. "Interrelationship and Volatility Transmission between Grain and Oil Prices," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124377, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- George Milunovich & Susan Thorp, 2005.
"Valuing Volatility Spillovers,"
0506, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Serra, Teresa, 2011. "Food scare crises and price volatility: The case of the BSE in Spain," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 179-185, April.
- Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2012. "Price volatility in food markets: can stock building mitigate price fluctuations?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126055, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ioanna Reziti, 2005. "The Relationship Between Macroeconomic Variables and Relative Price Variability in Greek Agriculture," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 111-119, March.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2012. "Price and Volatility Spillover between Livestock and Related Commodity Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124798, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.