Analysis of EU dairy policy reform
AbstractThe effects of dairy policy in the European Union are analysed using a short-term partial equilibrium model that takes into account the supply of milk, the processing stage and the demand for processed products. Comparative static analysis of the main EU dairy policy instruments is performed to determine the effects of different policy scenarios on price, production, consumption and exports of dairy products, and to compare their welfare impact. Because of the inelasticity of demand, a 1 per cent increase in the quota increase decided as part of agenda 2000 leads to a decrease in EU welfare, and that reducing export refunds would be a better policy for the European Union. Copyright 2000, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anania, Giovanni, 2001. "Modeling Agricultural Trade Liberalization. A Review," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20758, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Aldanondo, Ana Maria & Puertolas, Javier, 2002. "International Quota Transfer and Intermediate Goods," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24851, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Grams, Michael, 2005. "Reform der EU-Milchmarktpolitik bei instabilen WeltmÃ¤rkten," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 54(3).
- Soregaroli, Claudio & Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele, 2011. "Agricultural policy modelling under imperfect competition," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 195-212, March.
- Lehtonen, Heikki, 2008. "Impact Of Phasing Out Milk Quotas On Structure And Production Of Finnish Dairy Sector," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6465, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferjani, Ali, 2008. "Agricultural policy (AP2011) Reform and the WTO: Potential Impacts on Swiss Agriculture," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6638, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.