Structural Change and Demand Analysis: A Cursory Review
AbstractWe address the issue of structural change in demand analysis. After a brief discussion of the major problems and questions that arise in this context, the main body of the paper is devoted to a review of analytical methods that are relevant to investigating structural change in demand. This survey is organised within the broad categories of 'nonparametric' and 'parametric' methods. Along with the main theoretical contributions we try to cover a rather large body of applied studies. We strive to offer a critical and unified treatment of this assorted set of contributions, stressing the pros and cons of alternative approaches and methods. Copyright 1996 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D., 1996. "Structural Change and Demand Analysis: A Cursory Review," Staff General Research Papers 5128, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiao, Hui & Kinnucan, Henry W. & Kaiser, Harry M., 1998. "Advertising, Structural Change, And U.S. Non-Alcoholic Beverage Demand," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20885, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Herrmann, Roland & Roeder, Claudia, 1998. "Some neglected issues in food demand analysis: retail-level demand, health information and product quality," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(4), December.
- Wildner, Susanne, 2001. "Quantifizierung der Preisâ€“ und AusgabenelastizitÃ¤ten fÃ¼r Nahrungsmittel in Deutschland: SchÃ¤tzung eines LA/AIDS," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 50(5).
- Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2000. "A New Strategy For Testing Convergence In Tastes," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21759, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ogura, Manami, 2011. "Testing for structural break in Japanese demand system after the bubble era," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 277-286, September.
- J. M. Gil & B. Dhehibi & M. Ben Kaabia & A. M. Angulo, 2004. "Non-stationarity and the import demand for virgin olive oil in the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1859-1869.
- Moro, Daniele, 2008. "Market And Policy Issues In Micro-Econometric Demand Modeling," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6500, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schroeck, Rebecca, 2011. "Wie sensibel reagieren deutsche Verbraucher auf Preisänderungen bei Bio-Eiern? Eine Nachfrageanalyse mit Haushaltspanel-Daten," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114492, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Hussein, Zekarias & Rodriguez, Nestor & Eales, James S., 2013. "STARs with the GIDDS: Smooth Transition Functions and Structural Change," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150755, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Schroeck, Rebecca, 2011. "A Demand System Analysis of Organic and Conventional Fresh Milk in Germany Segmented by Consumer Groups," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115995, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dong, Fengxia & Fuller, Frank H., 2004. "Testing For Separability And Structural Change In Urban Chinese Food Demand," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19923, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.