Economics as a Hard Science: Realistic Goal or Wishful Thinking?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Economic Association International in its journal Economic Inquiry.
Volume (Year): 18 (1980)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://ei.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 61-71, Jan-Mar.
- Bellod Redondo, José Francisco, 1999. "Prueba de causalidad y determinación de la NAIRU," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(264), pages 663-692, octubre-d.
- repec:lan:wpaper:413 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, .
"Data Mining Reconsidered: Encompassing And The General-To-Specific Approach To Specification Search,"
Department of Economics
97-27, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 1999. "Data mining reconsidered: encompassing and the general-to-specific approach to specification search," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 167-191.
- Kevin Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 2003. "Data Mining Reconsidered: Encompassing And The General-To-Specific Approach To Specification Search," Working Papers 9727, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- repec:lan:wpaper:470 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:539557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Starmer,, . "Experiments in Economics ... (should we trust the dismal scientists in white coats?)," University of East Anglia Discussion Papers in Economics _002, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- John Aldrich, 2006. "When are inferences too fragile to be believed?," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 161-177.
- Kane, Stephen, 2004. "Scientific methods in finance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 105-118.
- Steven Caudill, 1990. "Econometrics in Theory and Practice," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 249-256, Jul-Sep.
- Thomas Mayer, 2012. "Ziliak and McCloskey's Criticisms of Significance Tests: An Assessment," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 256-297, September.
- H. Atesoglu & Donald Dutkowsky, 1992. "The changing effect of money on aggregate output in the u.s," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 221-236, June.
- S. J. Kamath & K. C. Jensen & R. E. Bennett, 1991. "A Counter-Counter Critique: A Reply," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 535-541, Oct-Dec.
- Hubbard, Raymond & Vetter, Daniel E., 1996. "An empirical comparison of published replication research in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 153-164, February.
- Raymond Hubbard & JS Armstrong, 2005. "Replications and Extensions in Marketing – Rarely Published But Quite Contrary," General Economics and Teaching 0502051, EconWPA.
- Thomas Mayer, 2012. "Ziliak and McClosky’s Criticisms of Significance Tests: A Damage Assessment," Working Papers 126, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Jacobs, Jan & Groote, Peter, 1995. "Productivity impacts of infrastructure investment in the Netherlands 1853-1913," Research Report 95D30, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- repec:lan:wpaper:425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 2012. "Statistical Significance in the New Tom and the Old Tom: A Reply to Thomas Mayer," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 298-308, September.
- Malcolm Rutherford, 1987. "Wesley Mitchell: Institutions and Quantitative Methods," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 63-73, Jan-Mar.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2012. "The Caldwellian Methodological Pluralism: Wishful Thoughts and Personal Tendencies," MPRA Paper 44656, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Feb 2013.
- Thomas Mayer, 2013. "Reply to Deirdre McCloskey and Stephen Ziliak on Statistical Significance," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 10(1), pages 87-96, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.