Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models as a Tool for Policy Analysis
AbstractThis article discusses the evolution of dynamic macroeconomic models from calibrated Real Business Cycle models to estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models. The purpose is to suggest the usefulness of these models as a tool for policy analysis, with a particular emphasis on aspects of monetary policy. (JEL classification: D58, E50) Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CESifo in its journal CESifo Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 52 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://cesifo.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- �zer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun P. Vahey, 2010.
"RBCs AND DSGEs: THE COMPUTATIONAL APPROACH TO BUSINESS CYCLE THEORY AND EVIDENCE,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 113-136, 02.
- Özer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun P. Vahey, 2007. "RBCs and DSGEs:The Computational Approach to Business Cycle Theory and Evidence," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2007/15, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Özer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun Vahey, 2008. "RBCs and DSGEs: The Computational Approach to Business Cycle Theory and Evidence," Working Paper 2008/17, Norges Bank.
- Takanobu Kosugi, 2010. "Assessments of ‘Greenhouse Insurance’: A Methodological Review," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 345-363, December.
- Haider, Adnan & Din, Musleh-ud & Ghani, Ejaz, 2012.
"Monetary policy, informality and business cycle fluctuations in a developing economy vulnerable to external shocks,"
42484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adnan Haider & Musleh ud Din & Ejaz Ghani, 2012. "Monetary Policy, Informality and Business Cycle Fluctuations in a Developing Economy Vulnerable to External Shocks," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 609-682.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.