China in the World Trading System
AbstractThis article discusses China's trade policy stance following World Trade Organization (WTO) accession in 2002. The issues now for China are less the merits of WTO accession, and more how her global trade policies are cast given WTO membership. Three issues are taken up. The first is the extent to which WTO accession helps China in dealing with various key trade issues, including anti-dumping, and textiles and apparel trade. The second is China's participation in regional trade agreements post-WTO accession. The third is the implementability of China's accession commitments in the key service areas (banking, insurance, telecoms). (JEL: F10) Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CESifo in its journal CESifo Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 52 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://cesifo.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Whalley & Dana Medianu, 2010. "The Deepening China Brazil Economic Relationship," CESifo Working Paper Series 3289, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wolfgang Keller & Ben Li & Carol H. Shiue, 2011.
"China’s Foreign Trade: Perspectives From the Past 150 Years,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(6), pages 853-892, 06.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Li, Ben & Shiue, Carol Hua, 2010. "China’s Foreign Trade: Perspectives From the Past 150 Years," CEPR Discussion Papers 8118, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wolfgang Keller & Ben Li & Carol H. Shiue, 2010. "China’s Foreign Trade: Perspectives From the Past 150 Years," NBER Working Papers 16550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pavel Hnát & Eva Cihelková, 2007. "New Regionalism as a Part of the Transformation Strategy - Cases in Central and Eastern Europe and Asia (Czech Republic, Russia and China)," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2007(4), pages 358-377.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.