Monetary policy and macroeconomic stability under alternative demand regimes
AbstractIn this paper we analyse the interaction of macroeconomic activity and the dynamics of real wages from a theoretical perspective. By means of a system-dynamic approach we investigate the economic viability of wage- and profit-led demand regimes by analysing not only the effect of real wages on output, but also the feedback mechanisms of macroeconomic activity on the real wages. Furthermore, in this context, we focus on the role of monetary policy as a macroeconomic stabilisation mechanism in the two mentioned demand regimes. Copyright The Author 2010. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Cambridge Political Economy Society. All rights reserved., Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiarella,Carl & Flaschel,Peter, 2000.
"The Dynamics of Keynesian Monetary Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521643511, October.
- Chiarella, Carl & Flaschel, Peter & Wells, Graeme, 2003. "The Dynamics Of Keynesian Monetary Growth," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 473-475, June.
- Chiarella,Carl & Flaschel,Peter, 2011. "The Dynamics of Keynesian Monetary Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521180184, October.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & �zlem Onaran & Stefan Ederer, 2009.
"Functional income distribution and aggregate demand in the Euro area,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 139-159, January.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Özlem Onaran & Stefan Ederer, 2007. "Functional income distribution and aggregate demand in the Euro-area," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp102, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Flaschel Peter & Franke Reiner & Proaño Christian R., 2008. "On Equilibrium Determinacy in New Keynesian Models with Staggered Wage and Price Setting," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Peter Flaschel & Reiner Franke & Christian Proano, 2008. "On the Determinacy of New Keynesian Models with Staggered Wage and Price Setting," IMK Working Paper 11-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Olivier Blanchard, 1999.
"Wage Dynamics: Reconciling Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 69-74, May.
- Chiarella,Carl & Flaschel,Peter & Franke,Reiner, 2005.
"Foundations for a Disequilibrium Theory of the Business Cycle,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521850254, October.
- Chiarella,Carl & Flaschel,Peter & Franke,Reiner, 2011. "Foundations for a Disequilibrium Theory of the Business Cycle," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521369923, October.
- C. W.M. Naastepad & Servaas Storm, 2007. "OECD demand regimes (1960-2000)," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 29(2), pages 211-246, January.
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho & Lance Taylor, 2006. "Distributive And Demand Cycles In The Us Economy-A Structuralist Goodwin Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 389-411, 07.
- Stockhammer, Engelbert & Onaran, Ozlem, 2004. "Accumulation, distribution and employment: a structural VAR approach to a Kaleckian macro model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 421-447, December.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2000.
"Is There an Equilibrium Rate of Unemployment in the Long Run?,"
geewp10, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004. "Is there an equilibrium rate of unemployment in the long run?," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 59-77.
- Franke, Reiner & Flaschel, Peter & Proano, Christian R., 2006. "Wage-price dynamics and income distribution in a semi-structural Keynes-Goodwin model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 452-465, December.
- Eckhard Hein & Lena Vogel, 2008. "Distribution and growth reconsidered: empirical results for six OECD countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 479-511, May.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Pu Chen & Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel & Willi Semmler, 2006. "Keynesian Macrodynamics and the Phillips Curve. An Estimated Baseline Macromodel for the U.S. Economy," Working Paper Series 147, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.