Trust, Business Relationships and the Contractual Environment
AbstractThe role of trust in vertical contractual relationships between firms in Britain, Germany, and Italy is investigated with a survey of over sixty firms. After a review of the literature in which the nature of trust is discussed and set against a background of social norms and legal systems, data are presented to describe resondents' perceptions of the role of trust in their trading environment, their strategies to foster trust, and their reactions to the breakdown of trust. While there was some evidence of differences in the basis of trust between countries, these were differences of degree rather than of kind. Copyright 1997 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmidtchen, Dieter, 2000. "Vertrauen und Recht: eine ökonomische Analyse," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2000-04, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Wilson, Paul N. & Kennedy, Ana M., 1999. "Trustworthiness As An Economic Asset," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(02).
- Castellani, Davide & Zanfei, Antonello, 2004. "Choosing international linkage strategies in the electronics industry: the role of multinational experience," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 447-475, April.
- Saliola, Federica & Zanfei, Antonello, 2009. "Multinational firms, global value chains and the organization of knowledge transfer," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 369-381, March.
- Asimina Christoforou, 2005. "On the Determinants of Social Capital in Greece Compared to Countries of the European Union," Working Papers 2005.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.