Sraffian Interdependence and Partial Equilibrium Analysis
AbstractThe conventional partial equilibrium analysis of input demands star ts from the cost-minimization condition and then supposes that only one input price changes. But if initial prices make price equal to unit cost in every industry, changing only one price means violating the price equals unit cost conditions. Here, by contrast, price-cost equality is maintained throughout. Primary input price-quality relations now need not be negative when there is input complementarit y, and produced input price-quality relations now need not be negative even when all inputs are substitutes. This is so even with a constant , zero rate of interest. Copyright 1988 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Frederic & Jo, Tae-Hee, 2010.
"Social surplus approach and heterodox economics,"
27636, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zaman, Asad & Saglam, Ismail, 2010.
"The conflict between general equilibrium and the Marshallian cross,"
33256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ismail Saglam & Asad Zaman, 2012. "The Conflict Between General Equilibrium and the Marshallian Cross," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1219, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Arrigo Opocher, 2003. "'Interrelated prices' and Sraffa's critique of partial equilibrium," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 479-496.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1992. "Éléments d’analyse d’une synthèse post-classique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(4), pages 607-631, dÃ©cembre.
- Giuseppe Freni, 2001. "Sraffa's early contribution to competitive price theory," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 363-390.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.