Market Evidence of Packer Willingness to Pay for Traceability
AbstractThis article measures the willingness to pay for the traceability of steers. I use data on the price of steers in Quebec and Ontario to identify a demand shifter in a hedonic framework. I estimate error correction models to provide the first market-based econometric estimates of the willingness to pay for traceability. My best assessment is that a premium between C$0.02 and C$0.05 per pound of carcass (between 1.2% and 3.1%) is paid for traceable steers. Copyright 2011, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 93 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastien Pouliot, 2011. "Market Evidence of Packer Willingness to Pay for Traceability," Staff General Research Papers 33947, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pouliot, Sebastien, 2011. "Market Evidence of Packer Willingness to Pay for Traceability," Staff General Research Papers 33965, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2013. "Traceability and Reputation in Supply Chains," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149988, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.