A Conceptual Framework for the Study of Rural Places
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 80 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabe, Todd M., 2003. "Rural planning and management: Joe Morris, Alison Bailey, R. Kerry Turner and Ian J. Bateman (Eds.), Edward Elgar Publishing, Northampton, MA, 674 pp., US$ 230, ISBN: 1-84064-220-3," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 258-258, May.
- Pender, John L. & Marre, Alexander W. & Reeder, Richard J., 2012. "Rural Wealth Creation Concepts, Strategies, and Measures," Economic Research Report 121860, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Todd M. Gabe, 2005.
"Industry Agglomeration and Investment in Rural Businesses,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 89-103.
- Gabe, Todd M., 2004. "Industry Agglomeration And Investment In Rural Businesses," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19930, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Shideler, David W. & Kraybill, David S., 2009. "Social capital: An analysis of factors influencing investment," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 443-455, June.
- Miranowski, John & Monchuk, Daniel C., 2004. "Spatial Labor Markets and Technology Spillovers - Analysis from the US Midwest," Staff General Research Papers 12196, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shideler, David W. & Kraybill, David S., 2003. "Social Networks, Social Capital And Community Economic Growth," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22174, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Miranowski, John A. & Monchuk, Daniel C. & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 2001. "Rural Growth In U.S. Heartland," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20655, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pisani, Elena, 2007.
"L'evoluzione della ruralità nei Paesi in via di sviluppo (PVS). Approcci teorici ed applicativi
[Evolution of rurality in Developing Countries (DCs). Theoretical and applied Approaches]," MPRA Paper 27732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castle, Emery N., 2000. "The Economics Of Rural Places And Agricultural Economics," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36361, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Robison, Lindon J. & Schmid, A. Allan & Siles, Marcelo E., 1999.
"Is Social Capital Really Capital?,"
11649, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Monchuk, Daniel C. & Miranowski, John A., 2003. "Spatial Labor Markets And Technology Spillovers - Analysis From Us Midwest," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22250, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fragkandreas, Thanos & Larsen, Karin, 2009. "Social Capital and Economic Performance: some lessons from Farm Partnerships in Sweden," MPRA Paper 17916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castle, Emery N., 1998. "Agricultural Industrialization in the American Countryside," Policy Studies Program Reports, Henry A. Wallace Institute for Alternative Agriculture, number 134118.
- Gulumser, A.A. & Baycan Levent, T. & Nijkamp, P. & Poot, H.J., 2012. "The role of local and newcomer entrepreneurs in rural development: A comparative meta-analytic study," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Lise, Wietze, 2000. "Factors influencing people's participation in forest management in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 379-392, September.
- Shideler, David W., 2004. "Determinants Of Individual Social Capital Investment," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20224, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rudd, Murray A., 2000. "Live long and prosper: collective action, social capital and social vision," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 131-144, July.
- Aliye Ahu AkgÃƒÂ¼n & Seda Kundak & Handan Turkoglu & Tuzin Baycan, 2011. "Rural changes: Their types and effects on rural capital," ERSA conference papers ersa11p251, European Regional Science Association.
- Bergstrom, John C., 2001. "The Role And Value Of Natural Capital In Regional Landscapes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(02), August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.