The Timing of Land Development: An Invariance Result
AbstractThe Arrow-Fisher-Henry (AFH) analysis of land development under uncertainty has been conducted in a two-period model. Recently, Capozza and Helsley (1990) and Batabyal (1995) have addressed the question of land development under uncertainty in a many-period setting. In this paper, aspects of this literature are extended by analyzing the land development question in a Markov decision theoretic framework. Inter alia, it is shown that the timing of land development is invariant to the manner in which a landowner uses information about the consequences of development. Copyright 1996, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elmer, Nicole A. & Thurow, Amy Purvis & Johnson, Jason L. & Rosson, C. Parr, III, 2001. "An Ex Ante Assessment Of Investments In Texas Grapefruit Under Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(03), December.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Yoo, Seung Jick, 2004. "Indivisibility And Divisibility In Land Development Decisions Over Time And Under Uncertainty," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20278, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1996.
"Modeling Ecological Constraints On Tropical Forest Management: Comment,"
Economics Research Institute, ERI Study Papers
28371, Utah State University, Economics Department.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1997. "Modeling Ecological Constraints on Tropical Forest Management: Comment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 271-275, February.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Amitrajeet A. Batabyal., 1996. "Modeling Ecological Constraints on Tropical Forest Management: Comment," Working Papers 9601, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Sohngen, Brent & Hite, Diane & Templeton, Josh, 2001. "Land Use Change And Property Taxes: An Empirical Study Of The Effect Of Property Taxes On The Timing Of Land Conversion From Agricultural To Residential Development," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20773, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1999. "On some aspects of land development when the decision to develop is divisible," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 173-177, September.
- Haubrich, Joseph G. & Ritter, Joseph A., 2004.
"Committing and reneging: A dynamic model of policy regimes,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-18.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & Joseph A. Ritter, 1999. "Committing and reneging: a dynamic model of policy regimes," Working Papers 1999-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.